Skip Menu |
Report information
Id: 132528
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: perl5

Owner: Nobody
Requestors: andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR [at] franz.ak.mind.de
Cc:
AdminCc:

Operating System: (no value)
PatchStatus: (no value)
Severity: low
Type: BBC
Perl Version: (no value)
Fixed In: (no value)



To: perlbug [...] perl.org
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2017 09:12:11 +0100
From: Andreas Koenig <andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR [...] franz.ak.mind.de>
Subject: Bleadperl v5.27.5-396-gdd6661605f breaks VPIT/B-RecDeparse-0.10.tar.gz
A not very surprising BBC: : commit dd6661605fe0a54c602f2e55f875acfdcd330b79 : Author: Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> : Date: Thu Nov 16 11:01:34 2017 +0000 : : deparse trailing-colon barewords carefully Diagnostics: http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/d711b67e-cbbe-11e7-adfc-8406b34ff3ca perl -V: : Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 27 subversion 6) configuration: : Commit id: dd6661605fe0a54c602f2e55f875acfdcd330b79 : Platform: : osname=linux : osvers=4.12.0-2-amd64 : archname=x86_64-linux-thread-multi-ld : uname='linux k93msid 4.12.0-2-amd64 #1 smp debian 4.12.13-1 (2017-09-19) x86_64 gnulinux ' : config_args='-Dprefix=/home/sand/src/perl/repoperls/installed-perls/host/k93msid/v5.27.5-396-gdd6661605f/496c -Dmyhostname=k93msid -Dinstallusrbinperl=n -Uversiononly -Dusedevel -des -Ui_db -Dlibswanted=cl pthread socket inet nsl gdbm dbm malloc dl ld sun m crypt sec util c cposix posix ucb BSD gdbm_compat -Duseithreads -Duselongdouble -DEBUGGING=none' : hint=recommended : useposix=true : d_sigaction=define : useithreads=define : usemultiplicity=define : use64bitint=define : use64bitall=define : uselongdouble=define : usemymalloc=n : default_inc_excludes_dot=define : bincompat5005=undef : Compiler: : cc='cc' : ccflags ='-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' : optimize='-O2' : cppflags='-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -I/usr/local/include' : ccversion='' : gccversion='7.2.0' : gccosandvers='' : intsize=4 : longsize=8 : ptrsize=8 : doublesize=8 : byteorder=12345678 : doublekind=3 : d_longlong=define : longlongsize=8 : d_longdbl=define : longdblsize=16 : longdblkind=3 : ivtype='long' : ivsize=8 : nvtype='long double' : nvsize=16 : Off_t='off_t' : lseeksize=8 : alignbytes=16 : prototype=define : Linker and Libraries: : ld='cc' : ldflags =' -fstack-protector-strong -L/usr/local/lib' : libpth=/usr/local/lib /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include-fixed /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu /lib/../lib /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib/../lib /lib : libs=-lpthread -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc : perllibs=-lpthread -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc : libc=libc-2.24.so : so=so : useshrplib=false : libperl=libperl.a : gnulibc_version='2.24' : Dynamic Linking: : dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs : dlext=so : d_dlsymun=undef : ccdlflags='-Wl,-E' : cccdlflags='-fPIC' : lddlflags='-shared -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector-strong' : : : Characteristics of this binary (from libperl): : Compile-time options: : HAS_TIMES : MULTIPLICITY : PERLIO_LAYERS : PERL_COPY_ON_WRITE : PERL_DONT_CREATE_GVSV : PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT : PERL_MALLOC_WRAP : PERL_OP_PARENT : PERL_PRESERVE_IVUV : PERL_USE_DEVEL : USE_64_BIT_ALL : USE_64_BIT_INT : USE_ITHREADS : USE_LARGE_FILES : USE_LOCALE : USE_LOCALE_COLLATE : USE_LOCALE_CTYPE : USE_LOCALE_NUMERIC : USE_LOCALE_TIME : USE_LONG_DOUBLE : USE_PERLIO : USE_PERL_ATOF : USE_REENTRANT_API : Built under linux : Compiled at Nov 16 2017 11:51:20 : @INC: : /home/sand/src/perl/repoperls/installed-perls/host/k93msid/v5.27.5-396-gdd6661605f/496c/lib/site_perl/5.27.6/x86_64-linux-thread-multi-ld : /home/sand/src/perl/repoperls/installed-perls/host/k93msid/v5.27.5-396-gdd6661605f/496c/lib/site_perl/5.27.6 : /home/sand/src/perl/repoperls/installed-perls/host/k93msid/v5.27.5-396-gdd6661605f/496c/lib/5.27.6/x86_64-linux-thread-multi-ld : /home/sand/src/perl/repoperls/installed-perls/host/k93msid/v5.27.5-396-gdd6661605f/496c/lib/5.27.6 -- andreas
From: Zefram <zefram [...] fysh.org>
Subject: Re: [perl #132528] Bleadperl v5.27.5-396-gdd6661605f breaks VPIT/B-RecDeparse-0.10.tar.gz
To: perl5-porters [...] perl.org
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 15:15:35 +0000
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 446b
Andreas J. Koenig via RT wrote: Show quoted text
>A not very surprising BBC:
Needs examination by Vincent. It's not surprising that a change to B::Deparse would break some oversensitive test, but this one doesn't look exactly like that. B::RecDeparse doesn't look like it should be that sensitive, and the way the tests are failing is funny. But B::RecDeparse's relationship to B::Deparse is quite convoluted, and I can't readily see what's going on. -zefram
To: Zefram <zefram [...] fysh.org>
From: Dave Mitchell <davem [...] iabyn.com>
Subject: Re: [perl #132528] Bleadperl v5.27.5-396-gdd6661605f breaks VPIT/B-RecDeparse-0.10.tar.gz
CC: perl5-porters [...] perl.org
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 16:18:30 +0100
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 646b
On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 03:15:35PM +0000, Zefram wrote: Show quoted text
> Andreas J. Koenig via RT wrote:
> >A not very surprising BBC:
> > Needs examination by Vincent. It's not surprising that a change > to B::Deparse would break some oversensitive test, but this one > doesn't look exactly like that. B::RecDeparse doesn't look like it > should be that sensitive, and the way the tests are failing is funny. > But B::RecDeparse's relationship to B::Deparse is quite convoluted, > and I can't readily see what's going on.
I don't think this ticket should be a 5.28.0 blocker -- This is a great day for France! -- Nixon at Charles De Gaulle's funeral
From: Sawyer X <xsawyerx [...] gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [perl #132528] Bleadperl v5.27.5-396-gdd6661605f breaks VPIT/B-RecDeparse-0.10.tar.gz
CC: perl5-porters [...] perl.org
To: Dave Mitchell <davem [...] iabyn.com>, Zefram <zefram [...] fysh.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 09:20:54 +0200
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 693b
On 04/21/2018 05:18 PM, Dave Mitchell wrote: Show quoted text
> On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 03:15:35PM +0000, Zefram wrote:
>> Andreas J. Koenig via RT wrote:
>>> A not very surprising BBC:
>> Needs examination by Vincent. It's not surprising that a change >> to B::Deparse would break some oversensitive test, but this one >> doesn't look exactly like that. B::RecDeparse doesn't look like it >> should be that sensitive, and the way the tests are failing is funny. >> But B::RecDeparse's relationship to B::Deparse is quite convoluted, >> and I can't readily see what's going on.
> I don't think this ticket should be a 5.28.0 blocker
Because of the tight relationship between B::RecDeparse and B::Deparse?
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 09:33:28 +0100
From: Dave Mitchell <davem [...] iabyn.com>
CC: Zefram <zefram [...] fysh.org>, perl5-porters [...] perl.org
Subject: Re: [perl #132528] Bleadperl v5.27.5-396-gdd6661605f breaks VPIT/B-RecDeparse-0.10.tar.gz
To: Sawyer X <xsawyerx [...] gmail.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 852b
On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 09:20:54AM +0200, Sawyer X wrote: Show quoted text
> > > On 04/21/2018 05:18 PM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 03:15:35PM +0000, Zefram wrote:
> >> Andreas J. Koenig via RT wrote:
> >>> A not very surprising BBC:
> >> Needs examination by Vincent. It's not surprising that a change > >> to B::Deparse would break some oversensitive test, but this one > >> doesn't look exactly like that. B::RecDeparse doesn't look like it > >> should be that sensitive, and the way the tests are failing is funny. > >> But B::RecDeparse's relationship to B::Deparse is quite convoluted, > >> and I can't readily see what's going on.
> > I don't think this ticket should be a 5.28.0 blocker
> > Because of the tight relationship between B::RecDeparse and B::Deparse?
Yes. -- Fire extinguisher (n) a device for holding open fire doors.
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 10:35:26 +0200
From: Sawyer X <xsawyerx [...] gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [perl #132528] Bleadperl v5.27.5-396-gdd6661605f breaks VPIT/B-RecDeparse-0.10.tar.gz
CC: Zefram <zefram [...] fysh.org>, perl5-porters [...] perl.org
To: Dave Mitchell <davem [...] iabyn.com>
On 04/23/2018 10:33 AM, Dave Mitchell wrote: Show quoted text
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 09:20:54AM +0200, Sawyer X wrote:
>> >> On 04/21/2018 05:18 PM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
>>> On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 03:15:35PM +0000, Zefram wrote:
>>>> Andreas J. Koenig via RT wrote:
>>>>> A not very surprising BBC:
>>>> Needs examination by Vincent. It's not surprising that a change >>>> to B::Deparse would break some oversensitive test, but this one >>>> doesn't look exactly like that. B::RecDeparse doesn't look like it >>>> should be that sensitive, and the way the tests are failing is funny. >>>> But B::RecDeparse's relationship to B::Deparse is quite convoluted, >>>> and I can't readily see what's going on.
>>> I don't think this ticket should be a 5.28.0 blocker
>> Because of the tight relationship between B::RecDeparse and B::Deparse?
> Yes.
This is reasonable. I just wanted to be sure. I think any module in which you're depending on internal state, you are in charged with updating your code. Equivalent to any other module that has the purpose of exposing the current OPs. If they change, it needs updating.
To: Sawyer X <xsawyerx [...] gmail.com>
CC: Zefram <zefram [...] fysh.org>, perl5-porters [...] perl.org
Subject: Re: [perl #132528] Bleadperl v5.27.5-396-gdd6661605f breaks VPIT/B-RecDeparse-0.10.tar.gz
From: Dave Mitchell <davem [...] iabyn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 13:10:59 +0100
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.3k
On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 10:35:26AM +0200, Sawyer X wrote: Show quoted text
> > > On 04/23/2018 10:33 AM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 09:20:54AM +0200, Sawyer X wrote:
> >> > >> On 04/21/2018 05:18 PM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> >>> On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 03:15:35PM +0000, Zefram wrote:
> >>>> Andreas J. Koenig via RT wrote:
> >>>>> A not very surprising BBC:
> >>>> Needs examination by Vincent. It's not surprising that a change > >>>> to B::Deparse would break some oversensitive test, but this one > >>>> doesn't look exactly like that. B::RecDeparse doesn't look like it > >>>> should be that sensitive, and the way the tests are failing is funny. > >>>> But B::RecDeparse's relationship to B::Deparse is quite convoluted, > >>>> and I can't readily see what's going on.
> >>> I don't think this ticket should be a 5.28.0 blocker
> >> Because of the tight relationship between B::RecDeparse and B::Deparse?
> > Yes.
> > This is reasonable. I just wanted to be sure. > > I think any module in which you're depending on internal state, you are > in charged with updating your code. Equivalent to any other module that > has the purpose of exposing the current OPs. If they change, it needs > updating.
I've now removed it from 5.28 blockers -- The Enterprise successfully ferries an alien VIP from one place to another without serious incident. -- Things That Never Happen in "Star Trek" #7
RT-Send-CC: perl5-porters [...] perl.org
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.4k
Dana Mon, 23 Apr 2018 05:11:17 -0700, davem reče: Show quoted text
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 10:35:26AM +0200, Sawyer X wrote:
> > > > > > On 04/23/2018 10:33 AM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> > > On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 09:20:54AM +0200, Sawyer X wrote:
> > >> > > >> On 04/21/2018 05:18 PM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> > >>> On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 03:15:35PM +0000, Zefram wrote:
> > >>>> Andreas J. Koenig via RT wrote:
> > >>>>> A not very surprising BBC:
> > >>>> Needs examination by Vincent. It's not surprising that a change > > >>>> to B::Deparse would break some oversensitive test, but this one > > >>>> doesn't look exactly like that. B::RecDeparse doesn't look like it > > >>>> should be that sensitive, and the way the tests are failing is funny. > > >>>> But B::RecDeparse's relationship to B::Deparse is quite convoluted, > > >>>> and I can't readily see what's going on.
> > >>> I don't think this ticket should be a 5.28.0 blocker
> > >> Because of the tight relationship between B::RecDeparse and B::Deparse?
> > > Yes.
> > > > This is reasonable. I just wanted to be sure. > > > > I think any module in which you're depending on internal state, you are > > in charged with updating your code. Equivalent to any other module that > > has the purpose of exposing the current OPs. If they change, it needs > > updating.
> > I've now removed it from 5.28 blockers >
What's the resolution here? Should a ticket in the CPAN module's queue be opened?
RT-Send-CC: davem [...] iabyn.com, xsawyerx [...] gmail.com, perl5-porters [...] perl.org
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.6k
Dana Sat, 02 Jun 2018 01:22:34 -0700, slaven@rezic.de reče: Show quoted text
> Dana Mon, 23 Apr 2018 05:11:17 -0700, davem reče:
> > On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 10:35:26AM +0200, Sawyer X wrote:
> > > > > > > > > On 04/23/2018 10:33 AM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> > > > On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 09:20:54AM +0200, Sawyer X wrote:
> > > >> > > > >> On 04/21/2018 05:18 PM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> > > >>> On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 03:15:35PM +0000, Zefram wrote:
> > > >>>> Andreas J. Koenig via RT wrote:
> > > >>>>> A not very surprising BBC:
> > > >>>> Needs examination by Vincent. It's not surprising that a > > > >>>> change > > > >>>> to B::Deparse would break some oversensitive test, but this > > > >>>> one > > > >>>> doesn't look exactly like that. B::RecDeparse doesn't look > > > >>>> like it > > > >>>> should be that sensitive, and the way the tests are failing is > > > >>>> funny. > > > >>>> But B::RecDeparse's relationship to B::Deparse is quite > > > >>>> convoluted, > > > >>>> and I can't readily see what's going on.
> > > >>> I don't think this ticket should be a 5.28.0 blocker
> > > >> Because of the tight relationship between B::RecDeparse and > > > >> B::Deparse?
> > > > Yes.
> > > > > > This is reasonable. I just wanted to be sure. > > > > > > I think any module in which you're depending on internal state, you > > > are > > > in charged with updating your code. Equivalent to any other module > > > that > > > has the purpose of exposing the current OPs. If they change, it > > > needs > > > updating.
> > > > I've now removed it from 5.28 blockers > >
> > What's the resolution here? Should a ticket in the CPAN module's queue > be opened?
https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=125533


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

For issues related to this RT instance (aka "perlbug"), please contact perlbug-admin at perl.org