Skip Menu |
Report information
Id: 132405
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: perl5

Owner: Nobody
Requestors: john [at] nixnuts.net
Cc:
AdminCc:

Operating System: (no value)
PatchStatus: (no value)
Severity: low
Type: unknown
Perl Version: (no value)
Fixed In: (no value)

Attachments
0001-Fix-deparsing-of-transliterations-with-unprintable-c.patch



Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 09:59:38 -0600
Subject: [PATCH] Typo prevents deparsing some transliterations.
To: perlbug [...] perl.org
From: john [...] nixnuts.net
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 3.3k
This is a bug report for perl from john@nixnuts.net, generated with the help of perlbug 1.40 running under perl 5.27.6. ----------------------------------------------------------------- There is a simple typo in B::Deparse that prevents deparsing code that contains transliterations of characters with ordinals below 27. Patch with unit test attached. ----------------------------------------------------------------- --- Flags: category=library severity=low Type=Patch PatchStatus=HasPatch module=B::Deparse --- Site configuration information for perl 5.27.6: Configured by jd at Tue Oct 31 18:13:33 CDT 2017. Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 27 subversion 6) configuration: Local Commit: 90fcbde852f41db175162eedc4b5b3f9845901ed Ancestor: 125cf574559a697ab2dd31760c79d7c98f3479c4 Platform: osname=linux osvers=4.9.0-4-amd64 archname=x86_64-linux uname='linux toucan 4.9.0-4-amd64 #1 smp debian 4.9.51-1 (2017-09-28) x86_64 gnulinux ' config_args='-Dusedevel -d' hint=previous useposix=true d_sigaction=define useithreads=undef usemultiplicity=undef use64bitint=define use64bitall=define uselongdouble=undef usemymalloc=n default_inc_excludes_dot=define bincompat5005=undef Compiler: cc='cc' ccflags ='-fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' optimize='-O2' cppflags='-fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -I/usr/local/include' ccversion='' gccversion='6.3.0 20170516' gccosandvers='' intsize=4 longsize=8 ptrsize=8 doublesize=8 byteorder=12345678 doublekind=3 d_longlong=define longlongsize=8 d_longdbl=define longdblsize=16 longdblkind=3 ivtype='long' ivsize=8 nvtype='double' nvsize=8 Off_t='off_t' lseeksize=8 alignbytes=8 prototype=define Linker and Libraries: ld='cc' ldflags =' -fstack-protector-strong -L/usr/local/lib' libpth=/usr/local/lib /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/6/include-fixed /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu /lib/../lib /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib/../lib /lib /usr/local/lib /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/6/include-fixed /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/6/include-fixed /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib libs=-lpthread -lnsl -lgdbm -ldb -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc -lgdbm_compat perllibs=-lpthread -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc libc=libc-2.24.so so=so useshrplib=false libperl=libperl.a gnulibc_version='2.24' Dynamic Linking: dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs dlext=so d_dlsymun=undef ccdlflags='-Wl,-E' cccdlflags='-fPIC' lddlflags='-shared -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector-strong' Locally applied patches: 90fcbde852f41db175162eedc4b5b3f9845901ed --- @INC for perl 5.27.6: lib /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.27.6/x86_64-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.27.6 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.27.6/x86_64-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.27.6 --- Environment for perl 5.27.6: HOME=/home/jd LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LANGUAGE (unset) LD_LIBRARY_PATH (unset) LOGDIR (unset) PATH=/home/jd/bin:/home/jd/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games PERL_BADLANG (unset) SHELL=/bin/bash

Message body is not shown because sender requested not to inline it.

RT-Send-CC: perl5-porters [...] perl.org
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 3.7k
Thanks going to run a smoke before merging it On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 08:22:07 -0800, john@nixnuts.net wrote: Show quoted text
> This is a bug report for perl from john@nixnuts.net, > generated with the help of perlbug 1.40 running under perl 5.27.6. > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > There is a simple typo in B::Deparse that prevents deparsing code > that contains transliterations of characters with ordinals below 27. > > Patch with unit test attached. > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > --- > Flags: > category=library > severity=low > Type=Patch > PatchStatus=HasPatch > module=B::Deparse > --- > Site configuration information for perl 5.27.6: > > Configured by jd at Tue Oct 31 18:13:33 CDT 2017. > > Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 27 subversion 6) > configuration: > Local Commit: 90fcbde852f41db175162eedc4b5b3f9845901ed > Ancestor: 125cf574559a697ab2dd31760c79d7c98f3479c4 > Platform: > osname=linux > osvers=4.9.0-4-amd64 > archname=x86_64-linux > uname='linux toucan 4.9.0-4-amd64 #1 smp debian 4.9.51-1 (2017-09- > 28) x86_64 gnulinux ' > config_args='-Dusedevel -d' > hint=previous > useposix=true > d_sigaction=define > useithreads=undef > usemultiplicity=undef > use64bitint=define > use64bitall=define > uselongdouble=undef > usemymalloc=n > default_inc_excludes_dot=define > bincompat5005=undef > Compiler: > cc='cc' > ccflags ='-fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector- > strong -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 > -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' > optimize='-O2' > cppflags='-fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector- > strong -I/usr/local/include' > ccversion='' > gccversion='6.3.0 20170516' > gccosandvers='' > intsize=4 > longsize=8 > ptrsize=8 > doublesize=8 > byteorder=12345678 > doublekind=3 > d_longlong=define > longlongsize=8 > d_longdbl=define > longdblsize=16 > longdblkind=3 > ivtype='long' > ivsize=8 > nvtype='double' > nvsize=8 > Off_t='off_t' > lseeksize=8 > alignbytes=8 > prototype=define > Linker and Libraries: > ld='cc' > ldflags =' -fstack-protector-strong -L/usr/local/lib' > libpth=/usr/local/lib /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/6/include- > fixed /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu > /lib/../lib /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib/../lib /lib > /usr/local/lib /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/6/include-fixed > /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib /usr/local/lib > /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/6/include-fixed /usr/include/x86_64- > linux-gnu /usr/lib > libs=-lpthread -lnsl -lgdbm -ldb -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc > -lgdbm_compat > perllibs=-lpthread -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc > libc=libc-2.24.so > so=so > useshrplib=false > libperl=libperl.a > gnulibc_version='2.24' > Dynamic Linking: > dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs > dlext=so > d_dlsymun=undef > ccdlflags='-Wl,-E' > cccdlflags='-fPIC' > lddlflags='-shared -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector-strong' > > Locally applied patches: > 90fcbde852f41db175162eedc4b5b3f9845901ed > > --- > @INC for perl 5.27.6: > lib > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.27.6/x86_64-linux > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.27.6 > /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.27.6/x86_64-linux > /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.27.6 > > --- > Environment for perl 5.27.6: > HOME=/home/jd > LANG=en_US.UTF-8 > LANGUAGE (unset) > LD_LIBRARY_PATH (unset) > LOGDIR (unset) > PATH=/home/jd/bin:/home/jd/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games > PERL_BADLANG (unset) > SHELL=/bin/bash
merged with b4fb15a6 On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 08:25:42 -0800, atoomic wrote: Show quoted text
> Thanks going to run a smoke before merging it > > On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 08:22:07 -0800, john@nixnuts.net wrote:
> > This is a bug report for perl from john@nixnuts.net, > > generated with the help of perlbug 1.40 running under perl 5.27.6. > > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > > There is a simple typo in B::Deparse that prevents deparsing code > > that contains transliterations of characters with ordinals below 27. > > > > Patch with unit test attached. > > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > > --- > > Flags: > > category=library > > severity=low > > Type=Patch > > PatchStatus=HasPatch > > module=B::Deparse > > --- > > Site configuration information for perl 5.27.6: > > > > Configured by jd at Tue Oct 31 18:13:33 CDT 2017. > > > > Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 27 subversion 6) > > configuration: > > Local Commit: 90fcbde852f41db175162eedc4b5b3f9845901ed > > Ancestor: 125cf574559a697ab2dd31760c79d7c98f3479c4 > > Platform: > > osname=linux > > osvers=4.9.0-4-amd64 > > archname=x86_64-linux > > uname='linux toucan 4.9.0-4-amd64 #1 smp debian 4.9.51-1 (2017- > > 09- > > 28) x86_64 gnulinux ' > > config_args='-Dusedevel -d' > > hint=previous > > useposix=true > > d_sigaction=define > > useithreads=undef > > usemultiplicity=undef > > use64bitint=define > > use64bitall=define > > uselongdouble=undef > > usemymalloc=n > > default_inc_excludes_dot=define > > bincompat5005=undef > > Compiler: > > cc='cc' > > ccflags ='-fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector- > > strong -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE > > -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 > > -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' > > optimize='-O2' > > cppflags='-fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector- > > strong -I/usr/local/include' > > ccversion='' > > gccversion='6.3.0 20170516' > > gccosandvers='' > > intsize=4 > > longsize=8 > > ptrsize=8 > > doublesize=8 > > byteorder=12345678 > > doublekind=3 > > d_longlong=define > > longlongsize=8 > > d_longdbl=define > > longdblsize=16 > > longdblkind=3 > > ivtype='long' > > ivsize=8 > > nvtype='double' > > nvsize=8 > > Off_t='off_t' > > lseeksize=8 > > alignbytes=8 > > prototype=define > > Linker and Libraries: > > ld='cc' > > ldflags =' -fstack-protector-strong -L/usr/local/lib' > > libpth=/usr/local/lib /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/6/include- > > fixed /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu > > /lib/../lib /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib/../lib /lib > > /usr/local/lib /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/6/include-fixed > > /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib /usr/local/lib > > /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/6/include-fixed /usr/include/x86_64- > > linux-gnu /usr/lib > > libs=-lpthread -lnsl -lgdbm -ldb -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc > > -lgdbm_compat > > perllibs=-lpthread -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc > > libc=libc-2.24.so > > so=so > > useshrplib=false > > libperl=libperl.a > > gnulibc_version='2.24' > > Dynamic Linking: > > dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs > > dlext=so > > d_dlsymun=undef > > ccdlflags='-Wl,-E' > > cccdlflags='-fPIC' > > lddlflags='-shared -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector-strong' > > > > Locally applied patches: > > 90fcbde852f41db175162eedc4b5b3f9845901ed > > > > --- > > @INC for perl 5.27.6: > > lib > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.27.6/x86_64-linux > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.27.6 > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.27.6/x86_64-linux > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.27.6 > > > > --- > > Environment for perl 5.27.6: > > HOME=/home/jd > > LANG=en_US.UTF-8 > > LANGUAGE (unset) > > LD_LIBRARY_PATH (unset) > > LOGDIR (unset) > > PATH=/home/jd/bin:/home/jd/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games > > PERL_BADLANG (unset) > > SHELL=/bin/bash
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 11:24:30 +0100
Subject: Re: [perl #132405] [PATCH] Typo prevents deparsing some transliterations.
To: perlbug-followup [...] perl.org
From: Sawyer X <xsawyerx [...] gmail.com>
CC: perl5-porters [...] perl.org
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 100b
On 11/06/2017 05:25 PM, Atoomic via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> Thanks going to run a smoke before merging it
+1


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

For issues related to this RT instance (aka "perlbug"), please contact perlbug-admin at perl.org