Skip Menu |
Report information
Id: 132269
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: perl6

Owner: Nobody
Requestors: nlogan [at] gmail.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Severity: (no value)
Tag: testneeded
Platform: (no value)
Patch Status: (no value)
VM: (no value)



To: rakudobug [...] perl.org
Subject: [BUG] JIT removing loop construct and confusing last()
From: Nick Logan <nlogan [...] gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:10:48 -0400
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.2k
Discovered by failing tests in Net::HTTP xt/* on rakudo/nqp/moar master, the following output shows a compile time error that did not occur in the previous rakudo release (2017.09):

$ perl6 -I. xt/500-transport.t
1..4
===SORRY!===
last without loop construct

Besiect output:

Changes brought in by:
https://github.com/MoarVM/MoarVM/compare/2017.09.1-62-g89ca8eb...2017.09.1-553-ga4fef0b

IRC discussion:


Note that I worked around this bug in a recent version bump (0.0.7), so to reproduce you would need to use version 0.0.6 (I was unable to golf this).

Net::HTTP:ver("0.0.6")

Net::HTTP workaround:

Alright, so this was fixed, or at least Committable is sure that it was: https://gist.github.com/Whateverable/569f4cd48eb7e12e50922035d0d4d94e

According to brrt the fix is in this moarvm commit: https://github.com/MoarVM/MoarVM/commit/bedc8511387af00ea3b71d07770e9e7eb2c0e279

I guess we need tests for this, but it's probably non-trivial.

Anyway, 「testneeded」.

On 2017-10-11 09:11:01, nlogan@gmail.com wrote:
Show quoted text
> Discovered by failing tests in Net::HTTP xt/* on rakudo/nqp/moar
> master, the following output shows a compile time error that did not
> occur in the previous rakudo release (2017.09):
>
> $ perl6 -I. xt/500-transport.t
> 1..4
> ===SORRY!===
> last without loop construct
>
> Besiect output:
> https://gist.github.com/Whateverable/5e61264647a48c145c8bf0d93178087d
> <https://gist.github.com/Whateverable/5e61264647a48c145c8bf0d93178087d&gt;
>
> Changes brought in by:
> https://github.com/MoarVM/MoarVM/compare/2017.09.1-62-
> g89ca8eb...2017.09.1-553-ga4fef0b
> <https://github.com/MoarVM/MoarVM/compare/2017.09.1-62-
> g89ca8eb...2017.09.1-553-ga4fef0b>
>
> IRC discussion:
> https://irclog.perlgeek.de/perl6-dev/2017-10-11#i_15286229
> <https://irclog.perlgeek.de/perl6-dev/2017-10-11#i_15286229&gt;
>
>
> Note that I worked around this bug in a recent version bump (0.0.7),
> so to reproduce you would need to use version 0.0.6 (I was unable to
> golf this).
>
> Net::HTTP:ver("0.0.6")
> https://github.com/ugexe/Perl6-Net--
> HTTP/archive/140b02d56adbb9026fda611e8b03466f49b27205.tar.gz
> <https://github.com/ugexe/Perl6-Net--
> HTTP/archive/140b02d56adbb9026fda611e8b03466f49b27205.tar.gz>
>
> Net::HTTP workaround:
> https://github.com/ugexe/Perl6-Net--
> HTTP/commit/df628c2e636149c81a648b95f33aff4a523f8e3d#diff-
> 50314871012a1cd9a7b0d9310f517607L17




This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

For issues related to this RT instance (aka "perlbug"), please contact perlbug-admin at perl.org