Skip Menu |
Report information
Id: 130451
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: perl6

Owner: Nobody
Requestors: alex.jakimenko [at] gmail.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Severity: (no value)
Tag: testneeded
Platform: (no value)
Patch Status: (no value)
VM: (no value)



Subject: [REGRESSION] Looping over unitialized shaped array no longer works (my @array[8]; .say for @array)
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 414b
Code: my @array[8]; .say for @array Result (2015.12,2016.10): (Any) (Any) (Any) (Any) (Any) (Any) (Any) (Any) Result (HEAD): X::TypeCheck::Binding exception produced no message in block <unit> at /tmp/KMCq_pgtBj line 1 Nevermind that the error message is LTA, there should be no error at all in this case. Bisectable points to https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/commit/dcfd4ed01c0c4f8e29206a27e432bdd6bf8c12d0
From: Elizabeth Mattijsen <liz [...] dijkmat.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 12:42:20 +0100
To: "Aleks-Daniel Jakimenko-Aleksejev (via RT)" <perl6-bugs-followup [...] perl.org>
Subject: Re: [perl #130451] [REGRESSION] Looping over unitialized shaped array no longer works (my @array[8]; .say for @array)
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.1k
Fixed with 696b1f4, tests needed. The problem could be reduced to: (my @[1]).iterator.pull-one Somehow the binding to AT-POS-CONTAINER failed, and I wasn’t able to find what exactly was wrong with it. So don’t use AT-POS-CONTAINER at all. Also fix some stupidity in the push-all case, that could cause an array with nulls instead of containers to be filled to exist. Show quoted text
> On 30 Dec 2016, at 03:44, Aleks-Daniel Jakimenko-Aleksejev (via RT) <perl6-bugs-followup@perl.org> wrote: > > # New Ticket Created by Aleks-Daniel Jakimenko-Aleksejev > # Please include the string: [perl #130451] > # in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue. > # <URL: https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=130451 > > > > Code: > my @array[8]; .say for @array > > > Result (2015.12,2016.10): > (Any) > (Any) > (Any) > (Any) > (Any) > (Any) > (Any) > (Any) > > > Result (HEAD): > X::TypeCheck::Binding exception produced no message > in block <unit> at /tmp/KMCq_pgtBj line 1 > > > Nevermind that the error message is LTA, there should be no error at all in this case. > > Bisectable points to https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/commit/dcfd4ed01c0c4f8e29206a27e432bdd6bf8c12d0
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.3k
On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 03:43:02 -0800, elizabeth wrote: Show quoted text
> Fixed with 696b1f4, tests needed. > > The problem could be reduced to: > > (my @[1]).iterator.pull-one > > Somehow the binding to AT-POS-CONTAINER failed, and I wasn’t able to > find what exactly was wrong with it. So don’t use AT-POS-CONTAINER at > all. Also fix some stupidity in the push-all case, that could cause > an array with nulls instead of containers to be filled to exist. >
> > On 30 Dec 2016, at 03:44, Aleks-Daniel Jakimenko-Aleksejev (via RT) > > <perl6-bugs-followup@perl.org> wrote: > > > > # New Ticket Created by Aleks-Daniel Jakimenko-Aleksejev > > # Please include the string: [perl #130451] > > # in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue. > > # <URL: https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=130451 > > > > > > > Code: > > my @array[8]; .say for @array > > > > > > Result (2015.12,2016.10): > > (Any) > > (Any) > > (Any) > > (Any) > > (Any) > > (Any) > > (Any) > > (Any) > > > > > > Result (HEAD): > > X::TypeCheck::Binding exception produced no message > > in block <unit> at /tmp/KMCq_pgtBj line 1 > > > > > > Nevermind that the error message is LTA, there should be no error at > > all in this case. > > > > Bisectable points to > > https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/commit/dcfd4ed01c0c4f8e29206a27e432bdd6bf8c12d0
tests added in 130451, closing.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.5k
On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 18:09:31 -0700, bri@abrij.org wrote: Show quoted text
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 03:43:02 -0800, elizabeth wrote:
> > Fixed with 696b1f4, tests needed. > > > > The problem could be reduced to: > > > > (my @[1]).iterator.pull-one > > > > Somehow the binding to AT-POS-CONTAINER failed, and I wasn’t able to > > find what exactly was wrong with it. So don’t use AT-POS-CONTAINER > > at > > all. Also fix some stupidity in the push-all case, that could cause > > an array with nulls instead of containers to be filled to exist. > >
> > > On 30 Dec 2016, at 03:44, Aleks-Daniel Jakimenko-Aleksejev (via RT) > > > <perl6-bugs-followup@perl.org> wrote: > > > > > > # New Ticket Created by Aleks-Daniel Jakimenko-Aleksejev > > > # Please include the string: [perl #130451] > > > # in the subject line of all future correspondence about this > > > issue. > > > # <URL: https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=130451 > > > > > > > > > > Code: > > > my @array[8]; .say for @array > > > > > > > > > Result (2015.12,2016.10): > > > (Any) > > > (Any) > > > (Any) > > > (Any) > > > (Any) > > > (Any) > > > (Any) > > > (Any) > > > > > > > > > Result (HEAD): > > > X::TypeCheck::Binding exception produced no message > > > in block <unit> at /tmp/KMCq_pgtBj line 1 > > > > > > > > > Nevermind that the error message is LTA, there should be no error > > > at > > > all in this case. > > > > > > Bisectable points to > > > https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/commit/dcfd4ed01c0c4f8e29206a27e432bdd6bf8c12d0
> > > tests added in 130451, closing.
I mean, in 6b151a174a


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

For issues related to this RT instance (aka "perlbug"), please contact perlbug-admin at perl.org