Skip Menu |
Report information
Id: 130253
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: perl6

Owner: Nobody
Requestors: perl6 [at] mscha.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Severity: (no value)
Tag: (no value)
Platform: (no value)
Patch Status: (no value)
VM: (no value)



Subject: [NYI] Coercion type in variable declarations
From: Michael Schaap <perl6 [...] mscha.org>
To: rakudobug [...] perl.org
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 20:31:39 +0100
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 416b
Coercion type works quite nicely in signatures, e.g. sub foo(Int(Cool) $f) { say $f.WHAT; } foo "42"; # (Int) but it doesn't work yet in variable declarations, e.g. my Int(Cool) $x; $x = "42"; # Coercion Int(Cool) is insufficiently type-like to qualify a variable Using Rakudo Star 2016.11: This is Rakudo version 2016.11 built on MoarVM version 2016.11 implementing Perl 6.c.
RT-Send-CC: perl6-compiler [...] perl.org
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 676b
On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 11:31:59 -0800, perl6@mscha.org wrote: Show quoted text
> Coercion type works quite nicely in signatures, e.g. > > sub foo(Int(Cool) $f) { > say $f.WHAT; > } > foo "42"; # (Int) > > but it doesn't work yet in variable declarations, e.g. > > my Int(Cool) $x; $x = "42"; # Coercion Int(Cool) is insufficiently > type-like to qualify a variable > > > Using Rakudo Star 2016.11: > This is Rakudo version 2016.11 built on MoarVM version 2016.11 > implementing Perl 6.c. >
Can you point to where the specification test suite (roast), old design docs, IRC, or the docs site indicating where this was planned? Thanks. -- Will "Coke" Coleda
To: perl6-bugs-followup [...] perl.org
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 23:24:43 +0100
From: Michael Schaap <perl6 [...] mscha.org>
Subject: Re: [perl #130253] [NYI] Coercion type in variable declarations
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 894b
On 6-Dec-16 17:36, Will Coleda via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 11:31:59 -0800, perl6@mscha.org wrote:
>> Coercion type works quite nicely in signatures, e.g. >> >> sub foo(Int(Cool) $f) { >> say $f.WHAT; >> } >> foo "42"; # (Int) >> >> but it doesn't work yet in variable declarations, e.g. >> >> my Int(Cool) $x; $x = "42"; # Coercion Int(Cool) is insufficiently >> type-like to qualify a variable >> >> >> Using Rakudo Star 2016.11: >> This is Rakudo version 2016.11 built on MoarVM version 2016.11 >> implementing Perl 6.c. >>
> Can you point to where the specification test suite (roast), old design docs, IRC, or the docs site indicating where this was planned?
https://irclog.perlgeek.de/perl6/2016-12-03#i_13674766 Show quoted text
> 19:23 TimToady it's just NYI > ... > 19:23 AlexDaniel mscha: therefore, submit a NYI ticket
Thanks, – Michael
Subject: [perl #130253] [NYI] Coercion type in variable declarations
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 23:36:48 +0100
To: perl6-bugs-followup [...] perl.org
From: Michael Schaap <perl6 [...] mscha.org>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 158b
(Apologies if this appears twice.) I was told on IRC to report this as an NYI. https://irclog.perlgeek.de/perl6/2016-12-03#i_13674766 Thanks, - Michael


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

For issues related to this RT instance (aka "perlbug"), please contact perlbug-admin at perl.org