Skip Menu |
Report information
Id: 127889
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: perl6

Owner: Nobody
Requestors: normand [at] linux.vnet.ibm.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Severity: (no value)
Tag: (no value)
Platform: (no value)
Patch Status: (no value)
VM: (no value)



Subject: rakudo build failure for ppc64 archi
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.4k
rakudo build failure for ppc64 archi As reported by (1) failure with last tried version rakudo 2016.01 while the last working version was rakudo 2015.05 Probably big-endian specific because no failure with ppc64le archi. I assume this is related to nqp build failure as reported by (2) with version nqp 2016.01 while last working version was nqp 2015.05 (1) https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC/rakudo === [ 18s] + /usr/bin/mkdir -p /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT [ 18s] + /usr/bin/mkdir /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/rakudo-2016.01-1.1.ppc64 [ 18s] + cd rakudo-2016.01 [ 18s] + perl Configure.pl --prefix=/usr [ 18s] Found /usr/bin/nqp-m (backend moar) [ 18s] Unhandled exception: Unsupported serialization format version 15 (current version is 16) [ 18s] at <unknown>:1 (/usr/lib64/moar/share/nqp/lib/ModuleLoader.moarvm:<dependencies+deserialize>:16) [ 18s] from <unknown>:1 (/usr/lib64/moar/share/nqp/lib/nqp.moarvm:<dependencies+deserialize>:6) [ 18s] [ 18s] ===SORRY!=== [ 18s] Unable to read configuration from NQP on MoarVM === (2) https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC/nqp === [ 117s] Test Summary Report [ 117s] ------------------- [ 117s] t/nqp/59-nqpop.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 251 Failed: 1) [ 117s] Failed test: 211 [ 117s] Files=112, Tests=4498, 25 wallclock secs ( 0.85 usr 0.26 sys + 23.54 cusr 0.66 csys = 25.31 CPU) [ 117s] Result: FAIL [ 117s] Makefile:408: recipe for target 'm-test' failed ===
To: perl6-compiler <perl6-compiler [...] perl.org>
From: Brandon Allbery <allbery.b [...] gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 12:28:15 -0400
Subject: Re: [perl #127889] rakudo build failure for ppc64 archi
CC: bugs-bitbucket [...] rt.perl.org
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 510b

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Michel Normand <perl6-bugs-followup@perl.org> wrote:
Show quoted text
[   18s] Found /usr/bin/nqp-m (backend moar)

Sounds to me like you need to remove or hide the older version of nqp and possibly moarvm in /usr, because 2016.01 needs newer versions.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh                               sine nomine associates
allbery.b@gmail.com                                  ballbery@sinenomine.net
unix, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure, xmonad        http://sinenomine.net
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 984b
On Wed Apr 13 09:28:35 2016, allbery.b@gmail.com wrote: Show quoted text
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Michel Normand < > perl6-bugs-followup@perl.org> wrote: >
> > [ 18s] Found /usr/bin/nqp-m (backend moar)
> > > Sounds to me like you need to remove or hide the older version of nqp and > possibly moarvm in /usr, because 2016.01 needs newer versions. >
I already noticed the versions differences. And this is why I specified initially that the source of the problem in rakudo is caused by the build failure of nqp and more specifically to the failing test t/nqp/59-nqpop.t as per (2) (2) https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC/nqp === [ 117s] Test Summary Report [ 117s] ------------------- [ 117s] t/nqp/59-nqpop.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 251 Failed: 1) [ 117s] Failed test: 211 [ 117s] Files=112, Tests=4498, 25 wallclock secs ( 0.85 usr 0.26 sys + 23.54 cusr 0.66 csys = 25.31 CPU) [ 117s] Result: FAIL [ 117s] Makefile:408: recipe for target 'm-test' failed ===
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 19:00:19 +0200
To: perl6-bugs-followup [...] perl.org
From: Normand <normand [...] linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [perl #127889] rakudo build failure for ppc64 archi
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 997b
On 13/04/2016 18:28, Brandon Allbery via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Michel Normand < > perl6-bugs-followup@perl.org> wrote: >
>> [ 18s] Found /usr/bin/nqp-m (backend moar)
> > > Sounds to me like you need to remove or hide the older version of nqp and > possibly moarvm in /usr, because 2016.01 needs newer versions. >
I already noticed the versions differences. And this is why I specified initially that the source of the problem in rakudo is caused by the build failure of nqp and more specifically to the failing test t/nqp/59-nqpop.t as per (2) (2) https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC/nqp === [ 117s] Test Summary Report [ 117s] ------------------- [ 117s] t/nqp/59-nqpop.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 251 Failed: 1) [ 117s] Failed test: 211 [ 117s] Files=112, Tests=4498, 25 wallclock secs ( 0.85 usr 0.26 sys + 23.54 cusr 0.66 csys = 25.31 CPU) [ 117s] Result: FAIL [ 117s] Makefile:408: recipe for target 'm-test' failed === -- Michel Normand
RT-Send-CC: perl6-compiler [...] perl.org
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.7k
On Wed Apr 13 05:09:55 2016, normand@linux.vnet.ibm.com wrote: Show quoted text
> rakudo build failure for ppc64 archi > > As reported by (1) failure with last tried version rakudo 2016.01 > while the last working version was rakudo 2015.05 > > Probably big-endian specific because no failure with ppc64le archi. > > I assume this is related to nqp build failure as reported by (2) > with version nqp 2016.01 > while last working version was nqp 2015.05 > > (1) > https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC/rakudo > === > [ 18s] + /usr/bin/mkdir -p /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT > [ 18s] + /usr/bin/mkdir /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/rakudo- > 2016.01-1.1.ppc64 > [ 18s] + cd rakudo-2016.01 > [ 18s] + perl Configure.pl --prefix=/usr > [ 18s] Found /usr/bin/nqp-m (backend moar) > [ 18s] Unhandled exception: Unsupported serialization format version > 15 (current version is 16) > [ 18s] at <unknown>:1 > (/usr/lib64/moar/share/nqp/lib/ModuleLoader.moarvm:<dependencies+deserialize>:16) > [ 18s] from <unknown>:1 > (/usr/lib64/moar/share/nqp/lib/nqp.moarvm:<dependencies+deserialize>:6) > [ 18s] > [ 18s] ===SORRY!=== > [ 18s] Unable to read configuration from NQP on MoarVM > === > > (2) > https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC/nqp > === > [ 117s] Test Summary Report > [ 117s] ------------------- > [ 117s] t/nqp/59-nqpop.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 251 > Failed: 1) > [ 117s] Failed test: 211 > [ 117s] Files=112, Tests=4498, 25 wallclock secs ( 0.85 usr 0.26 sys > + 23.54 cusr 0.66 csys = 25.31 CPU) > [ 117s] Result: FAIL > [ 117s] Makefile:408: recipe for target 'm-test' failed > ===
Can you try this with this months release of nqp, 2016.08.1 ? -- Will "Coke" Coleda
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 2.3k
On Tue Aug 23 12:12:26 2016, coke wrote: Show quoted text
> On Wed Apr 13 05:09:55 2016, normand@linux.vnet.ibm.com wrote:
> > rakudo build failure for ppc64 archi > > > > As reported by (1) failure with last tried version rakudo 2016.01 > > while the last working version was rakudo 2015.05 > > > > Probably big-endian specific because no failure with ppc64le archi. > > > > I assume this is related to nqp build failure as reported by (2) > > with version nqp 2016.01 > > while last working version was nqp 2015.05 > > > > (1) > > https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC/rakudo > > === > > [ 18s] + /usr/bin/mkdir -p /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT > > [ 18s] + /usr/bin/mkdir /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/rakudo- > > 2016.01-1.1.ppc64 > > [ 18s] + cd rakudo-2016.01 > > [ 18s] + perl Configure.pl --prefix=/usr > > [ 18s] Found /usr/bin/nqp-m (backend moar) > > [ 18s] Unhandled exception: Unsupported serialization format > > version > > 15 (current version is 16) > > [ 18s] at <unknown>:1 > > (/usr/lib64/moar/share/nqp/lib/ModuleLoader.moarvm:<dependencies+deserialize>:16) > > [ 18s] from <unknown>:1 > > (/usr/lib64/moar/share/nqp/lib/nqp.moarvm:<dependencies+deserialize>:6) > > [ 18s] > > [ 18s] ===SORRY!=== > > [ 18s] Unable to read configuration from NQP on MoarVM > > === > > > > (2) > > https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC/nqp > > === > > [ 117s] Test Summary Report > > [ 117s] ------------------- > > [ 117s] t/nqp/59-nqpop.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 251 > > Failed: 1) > > [ 117s] Failed test: 211 > > [ 117s] Files=112, Tests=4498, 25 wallclock secs ( 0.85 usr 0.26 > > sys > > + 23.54 cusr 0.66 csys = 25.31 CPU) > > [ 117s] Result: FAIL > > [ 117s] Makefile:408: recipe for target 'm-test' failed > > ===
> > Can you try this with this months release of nqp, 2016.08.1 ?
similar build failure for ppc64 archi with nqp 2016.08.1 release (and moarvm 201608) === [ 93s] Test Summary Report [ 93s] ------------------- [ 93s] t/nqp/059-nqpop.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 272 Failed: 2) [ 93s] Failed tests: 211-212 [ 93s] Files=118, Tests=4716, 21 wallclock secs ( 1.24 usr 0.10 sys + 19.36 cusr 0.72 csys = 21.42 CPU) [ 93s] Result: FAIL [ 93s] make: *** [Makefile:408: m-test] Error 1 [ 93s] error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.ZUXoTp (%check) ===


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

For issues related to this RT instance (aka "perlbug"), please contact perlbug-admin at perl.org