Skip Menu |

Subject: tickets blocking the release of 5.25.1
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 19:51:51 -0400
To: perlbug [...] perl.org
From: Ricardo Signes <rjbs [...] cpan.org>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 168b
This is for tickets to be dealt with early in perl 5.25.x, generally meaning deprecations that should be executed or pending branches that should be merged. -- rjbs
Download signature.asc
application/pgp-signature 473b

Message body not shown because it is not plain text.

RT-Send-CC: perl5-porters [...] perl.org
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 339b
On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 23:52:06 GMT, rjbs wrote: Show quoted text
> > This is for tickets to be dealt with early in perl 5.25.x, generally > meaning > deprecations that should be executed or pending branches that should > be merged.
We're most of the way thru the 5.25.* release cycle. Can we close this META ticket? -- James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)
To: James E Keenan via RT <perlbug-comment [...] perl.org>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 15:27:25 +0000
From: Dave Mitchell <davem [...] iabyn.com>
Subject: Re: [perl #127731] [META] tickets blocking the release of 5.25.1
CC: perl5-porters [...] perl.org
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 584b
On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 01:03:21PM -0800, James E Keenan via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> We're most of the way thru the 5.25.* release cycle. Can we close this > META ticket?
The only ticket attached to it which is still open is #57512: Implicit close()s are silently unchecked for error which AFAICT is done apart from a possible debate about whether the new warnings should be fatalisable, which shouldn't really be a blocker for anything. So I'm +1 for just closing the meta ticket. -- A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step... then continues for another 1,999,999 or so.
From: Sawyer X <xsawyerx [...] gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 17:33:28 +0100
To: perl5-porters [...] perl.org
Subject: Re: [perl #127731] [META] tickets blocking the release of 5.25.1
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 712b
On 01/07/2017 04:27 PM, Dave Mitchell wrote: Show quoted text
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 01:03:21PM -0800, James E Keenan via RT wrote:
>> We're most of the way thru the 5.25.* release cycle. Can we close this >> META ticket?
> The only ticket attached to it which is still open is > > #57512: Implicit close()s are silently unchecked for error > > which AFAICT is done apart from a possible debate about whether the > new warnings should be fatalisable, which shouldn't really be a blocker > for anything. > > So I'm +1 for just closing the meta ticket.
I don't think there's any value in keeping this META ticket still open, since the version has passed. We can move this ticket to the 5.26.0 blocking. (So yeah, +1)
Subject: Re: [perl #127731] [META] tickets blocking the release of 5.25.1
CC: perl5-porters [...] perl.org
To: Dave Mitchell <davem [...] iabyn.com>, James E Keenan via RT <perlbug-comment [...] perl.org>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 09:42:22 -0700
From: Karl Williamson <public [...] khwilliamson.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 635b
On 01/07/2017 08:27 AM, Dave Mitchell wrote: Show quoted text
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 01:03:21PM -0800, James E Keenan via RT wrote:
>> We're most of the way thru the 5.25.* release cycle. Can we close this >> META ticket?
> > The only ticket attached to it which is still open is > > #57512: Implicit close()s are silently unchecked for error > > which AFAICT is done apart from a possible debate about whether the > new warnings should be fatalisable, which shouldn't really be a blocker > for anything. > > So I'm +1 for just closing the meta ticket. >
In the meantime, I moved that to block 5.26.0. But I agree it shouldn't be a blocker.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

For issues related to this RT instance (aka "perlbug"), please contact perlbug-admin at perl.org